Machinist "A" - Accomplished Machines
Shift & Schedule
8 hour shift Monday to Friday Weekend Availability
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The purpose and position of the “A” Machinist is to perform the duties of a machinist with little or no supervision and guide or instruct other machinist in supervisor’s absence.
- Operate all machinery in a safe manner to complete projects.
- Read blueprints and follow company procedures.
- Answer questions about machining processes in absence of superintendent.
- Oversee that correct job numbers are being machined or alter schedule to allow for special “hot” jobs.
- Oversee rework department
- Perform other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Operations Manager.
- Journeyman’s card or equivalent training.
- Seven to ten years of shop experience.
- Ability to operate all basic machine shop equipment with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Knowledge of shop math with some geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of mechanical functions of shop equipment.
- Clear logical thinking.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
BTM is committed to equal opportunity. All employment practices, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight, and misdemeanor arrest record, or age or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to any of the protected classes, whether or not the employee actually falls into such class. The Company’s EOE practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, duties, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, facilities, termination, layoff, recall, training, leaves of absence, and all other terms and conditions of employment. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, Managers, Supervisors, and Directors are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Personal Data Disclaimer
BTM Company is aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We take the required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data.