Shift & Schedule
8 hour shift Monday to Friday Weekend Availability
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The purpose of an Application/Estimating Engineer is to provide viable concepts and quotes of special equipment that meet the customers’ needs and budget while achieving the appropriate cost and margin structure for BTM.
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand the customers’ requirements and can provide some sales support.
- Communicate the quote timing to the sales department and or customer in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Planning, Purchasing, Sales, etc.
- Coordinate with customer to provide custom designs and concepts for special equipment that utilize BTM core products.
- Customer analysis when creating custom applications that respond to the customer’s need.
- Use appropriate internal department tools to achieve estimate accuracy.
- Quotes need to be entered into proper formats and programs for access from other departments.
- Work your schedule to achieve on time quoting practices with the customers.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver presentations and quotes to a customer.
- Good communication skills
- Background in special equipment concepting along with some sales and pricing experience
- Understanding the customers budget
- Must have the ability to utilize the latest technologies in the concepts
- Basic knowledge of mechanical processes, operator and machine environments, production cycle times, along with an understanding of customer specifications is required.
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical requirements is an asset.
- Knowledge of cost and market pricing for automation or press equipment.
- Experience with margins and setting price points is an asset.
- Knowledge in Excel, Word, Power Point are a must. Skills in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Visual would be a benefit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer is preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
BTM is committed to equal opportunity. All employment practices, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight, and misdemeanor arrest record, or age or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to any of the protected classes, whether or not the employee actually falls into such class. The Company’s EOE practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, duties, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, facilities, termination, layoff, recall, training, leaves of absence, and all other terms and conditions of employment. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, Managers, Supervisors, and Directors are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Personal Data Disclaimer
BTM Company is aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We take the required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data.