Controls Engineer - Special Products
Shift & Schedule
8 hour shift Monday to Friday Weekend Availability
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To provide controls engineering to achieve efficient and on time special product designs to meet customer satisfaction requirements.
- Work closely with the Special Product Sales Department to develop cost effective solutions for customer requirements.
- Ensure quality and quantity of design is in accordance with customer specifications, company plans, goals, and applicable project requirements.
- Communicate specification and design ideas with the customer.
- Ensure all special machine designs are pre-approved and signed by customer prior to manufacture release.
- Ensure all customer design issues are handled properly and promptly.
- Ensure drawings, bill of material and process outlines are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure programs and system debug is documented and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide written instructions to Manufacturing Engineering and or Project Managers as needed.
- Maintain and utilize BTM Company’s Engineering Standards Manual.
- Keep update on state of art technical advancements.
- Report to Controls Engineering Manager on status of job(s) at Controls Engineering meeting, percentage of completion, expected completion date/time, customer contacts, etc.
- Attend meetings required by projects.
- Travel to customers sites as required for Engineering and Service issues. Follow all Engineering and Service instructions.
- Follow documented QMS procedures, processes, and work instructions.
- Perform other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Controls Engineering manager.
- Must be able to perform and understand a full range of engineering calculations.
- Must have complete knowledge of algebra and trigonometry.
- Excellent reasoning ability.
- Excellent knowledge of industry and trends impacting the business.
- Utilize computer aided design software and typical business-related software (ie. AutoCAD, SolidWorks- Electrical, MS Office, etc.).
- Ability to compile and complete technical reports on projects in MS Office format.
- Must be able to understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings.
- Must possess an understanding of all types of equipment and processes required to efficiently manufacture all types of air and hydraulic devices and designs, as well as servo systems and multiple PLC/HMI manufacturers.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret legal and engineering documents pertaining to air and hydraulic powered devices and mechanical designs.
- Coordinate work assignments with other affected departments/functions in the company.
- Must be able to meet schedules and accurately accomplish work goals and objectives with limited supervision.
- Must read, speak, and write the English language
- Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work effectively with all types of employees and customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Must be self-directed.
- Possesses good organizational skills.
- Meet deadlines and work extra hours when necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to sit up-to 90% of the day
- High School graduate, followed by Engineering or Technical degree from an accredited university.
- Additional schooling (after high school) will be considered for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
BTM is committed to equal opportunity. All employment practices, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight, and misdemeanor arrest record, or age or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to any of the protected classes, whether or not the employee actually falls into such class. The Company’s EOE practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, duties, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, facilities, termination, layoff, recall, training, leaves of absence, and all other terms and conditions of employment. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, Managers, Supervisors, and Directors are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Personal Data Disclaimer
BTM Company is aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We take the required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data.