Shift & Schedule
8 hour shift Day Shift
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Purchasing Agent’s primary purpose is to request for quote and order material for the
Company at best value while considering vendor performance in quality, delivery and
- Request for quote and order all material required for customer orders when necessary.
- Correspond with vendors on new business or possible concerns.
- Make sure delivery dates are met.
- Establish vendors who supply quality materials and deliver in a timely manner
- Record and maintain new Purchase Orders that are created and approve invoices.
- Maintain conformance to Quality System Standards. Follow documented QMS
procedures, processes, and work instructions.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by monitoring and verifying the Material Shortage
- Dispatch material to outside suppliers when necessary
- Assist any department when necessary.
- Perform other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the manager.
- Experience in purchasing (preferred 3 or more years), quoting, ERP knowledge and
inventory control in a manufacturing/industry setting.
- Computer skills in Office, Word and Excel.
- Very good verbal communication skills with the ability to be convincing.
- Basic office skills (typing, communicating, listening, etc.).
- A level of mathematical knowledge associated with normal purchasing control.
- Must be able to sit at least 90% of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Preferred – Associates Degree in a related course of study
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
BTM is committed to equal opportunity. All employment practices, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight, and misdemeanor arrest record, or age or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to any of the protected classes, whether or not the employee actually falls into such class. The Company’s EOE practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, duties, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, facilities, termination, layoff, recall, training, leaves of absence, and all other terms and conditions of employment. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, Managers, Supervisors, and Directors are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Personal Data Disclaimer
BTM Company is aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We take the required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data.