Lead Mechanical Engineer - Special Products
Shift & Schedule
8 hour shift Monday to Friday Weekend Availability
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This person must be able to show from experience that he/she has a mechanical aptitude, interest, and is passionate about mechanical design.
The lead mechanical engineer oversees major mechanical design, machine optimization, and equipment sourcing/installation projects to meet our customers goals. The lead engineer will lead other engineers in projects and daily activities. This role entails working with associates from the Engineering, Production, Maintenance, R&D, Sales, and Quality Assurance to improve manufacturing equipment, controls, processes, and procedures. The lead engineer must be able to gather information from other associates, machine observation, and logical deduction to implement solutions for equipment design solutions.
- Assists in the engineering planning, introduction, and implementation of new initiatives and process improvements.
- Motivates teams to high performance while ensuring compliance to regulations and rules.
- Develop expertise and talk with customers on solutions.
- Provides leadership, guidance and knowledge for mechanical engineers and technicians.
- Leads major engineering projects and initiatives that require team members from multiple departments.
- Supports manufacturing with investigation, identification, and design of mechanical or electromechanical systems for manufacturing solutions.
- Leads and/or supports major engineering initiatives.
- Coordinate, direct, and lead engineering efforts for successful design, fabrication, implementation, and documentation of engineering projects.
- Create and monitor project timelines and costs.
- Drive make or buy decisions on equipment to meet customer goals for maintenance, life expectancy, and machine downtime costs.
- Direct/supervise vendor installations.
- Work with vendors for resolution of equipment issues.
- Coordinating and communicating with electrical engineering project automation needs.
- Work with the Service Maintenance department for identification of parts, preventative maintenance plans, and documentation to maintain implemented equipment
- Coordinate with the R&D department for development and implementation of engineering machine trials.
- Support the Production department during R&D and Engineering machine trials.
- Direct support for production & service maintenance teams on an as needed basis (machine function & troubleshooting).
- Understanding and abiding by all safety rules, polices, and procedures
Other Duties as Assigned
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and/or crouch.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work flexible hours during equipment installations or direct support needs.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
BTM is committed to equal opportunity. All employment practices, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight, and misdemeanor arrest record, or age or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to any of the protected classes, whether or not the employee actually falls into such class. The Company’s EOE practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, duties, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, facilities, termination, layoff, recall, training, leaves of absence, and all other terms and conditions of employment. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, Managers, Supervisors, and Directors are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Personal Data Disclaimer
BTM Company is aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We take the required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data.