Special Products Designer
Shift & Schedule
8 hour shift Monday to Friday Weekend Availability
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision of the Lead engineer, the designer is responsible for providing skilled technical assistance and guidance, in the creation or modification of new and existing product designs. This individual will prepare designs, create, translate, and modify 3D CAD models, and create preliminary and production drawings. This individual is responsible to ensure that the design is technically sound and will operate to the customers’ expectations.
- Have a complete understanding of project before design starts.
- Must concept, design and detail project designs.
- Get customer feedback on new or improved designs.
- Check package must be put together by designer.
- Research all proposed standard product changes and improvements.
- Apply history of product changes and improvements to the proposal.
- Complete FMEA for design.
- Recommend best way to change and/or improve product.
- Make drawing and documentation updates and design improvements to standard products (after approval of changes).
- Complete engineering change notices (ECN).
- Inform related departments of standard product changes and updates.
- Present and explain design at design reviews for internal and external customers.
- Develop complete and accurate detail drawings of component parts in allotted amount of time.
- Follow the detailing guidelines and procedures spelled out in the engineering manual.
- Follow written checklist to assure all aspects of detail have been covered.
- Make required changes from information supplied on check prints.
- Make sure CAD files are stored in proper location.
- Review checklist filled out by designer.
- Fill out standard checklist for checkers.
- Use color scheme as shown in engineering manual to markup check prints,
- Must ensure the design follows the modeling and drawing standards in engineering manual.
- Must ensure the design follows standard manufacturing processes.
- Must ensure the design follows standard numbering system described in engineering manual.
- Make sure design has been approved by customer.
- Prepare job for release.
- Release jobs.
- Lead and be responsible for projects that may be completed in-house or outsourced to ensure they come into budget, to schedule and of sound design that will meet the customers’ expectations.
- Describe production methods with step-by-step sequence of operation, flow charts, controls wallpaper, and prepare power point presentations for design reviews
- File all drawings and folders as stated in checklist.
- Assist co-workers
- Performing other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Communicate, cooperate and coordinate with other departments.
- Create service manuals.
- Create Tooling component records as required.
- Create spare parts list as required for the customer.
- Follow documented QMS procedures, processes, and work instructions
- Knowledge of tolerances to keep cost of manufacturing design under control.
- Well versed in material types and application of certain materials.
- General knowledge of heat treatment required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude along with knowledge of machining and build techniques.
- Must be innovative.
- Must have 3-D CAD skills. (SolidWorks preferred)
- Three years detailing experience.
- Two years of layout.
- Able to organize work into logical steps.
- Prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be able to sit up-to 80% of the day.
- High School graduate.
- Ability to perform math and reading skills at twelfth (12th) grade level.
- Prefer a minimum 2-year degree in an Engineering field.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
BTM is committed to equal opportunity. All employment practices, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight, and misdemeanor arrest record, or age or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to any of the protected classes, whether or not the employee actually falls into such class. The Company’s EOE practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, duties, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, facilities, termination, layoff, recall, training, leaves of absence, and all other terms and conditions of employment. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, Managers, Supervisors, and Directors are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Personal Data Disclaimer
BTM Company is aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We take the required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data.